The transformation really began last summer when we dug out the one long bed about four feet down and composted in it all summer to get some good dirt to combat the sand. Then in October when we lost our poor Nero, it all kicked into high gear. We wanted to keep him close, but had to bury him quickly so we dug another bed in the back right corner and as Mum was here when it happened, she gifted us a commemorative tree from the souq that we buried above him. While we were at it, we dug another two beds because why not. Oy.
Cut to now after six months of growing in, the addition of two new chairs to the two we already had, a small table and a chiminea that we lugged back from the UK (I know, I know, but we couldn't find one here) and we have this. Now we just have to keep it alive over the brutal summer. Wish us luck!
| Our little sitting nook complete with a ploychrome Ganesh that we brought back from Nepal. That door goes into the laundry room. |
| Herb bed to the right of this photo with fruit trees in the left bed. The chimenea is a grill as well as a fireplace. |
Rachel's mother thinks you need a 'water feature'
ReplyDeleteOh we have plans for one! We'd like to put a fountain against the end wall by the study, but we have to get an outside socket installed first, so it's a little ways away.
ReplyDeleteOk come do ours.....
ReplyDeleteAlex, this looks awesome! If I wouldn't been jailed automatically, I would totally come visit for that garden alone!
ReplyDelete-JohnO.
And there was I thinking only Grandma B could get our Saudi sand pit blossoming way back in the late 70's. She would be very proud that the green finger genes have passed to you.
ReplyDelete