February 4, 2013

Flying carpets

This is what your living room looks like when a rug dealer visits your house. I swear the pile was almost a foot deep.



Of course we wanted every single one of them as they were all so beautiful, but we settled on two to cover some big, empty patches of marble. This one below for a corner of our bedroom - it's camel wool, super soft and an unusual design that I hadn't seen before.

 And then this kilim for the den. The patterns in this are even more fantastic up close.


We have actually had these since June (which is when these photos were taken), but I am at last able to show them to you as we finally paid for them and they are officially ours (not to go into detail as it's still a sore spot, but our sodding tax return took six months to show up). We got these for a great deal and I've got no doubt there are several more purchases to come from the dealer, Rashed. I'd heard good things about him from quite a few people and he originally came to pick up our big rugs that we had in Chicago for cleaning - after having them for almost fifteen years, I figured it was time! But good salesman that he is, he brought some things for us to look at too. Very happy with our new purchases and having our old carpets clean again and having less cold marble to walk on in the mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment