Not a new place to work, but a new place to learn. Matthew starts online grad school today doing an intensive one year course for a Masters in Education in teaching English to non-native speakers. He has a colleague/friend who is doing the program alongside him which means they can be 'study-buddies' (and for which the university gave us a nice discount!).
Over here with a Masters you can teach at the University level and given that we'd like to stay here past the end of his current contract, a Masters is rather the golden ticket. He has much to do ahead of him, but I've been finishing his study so that it's an organized and cosy space for him to work and he's been getting himself ready and I've got no doubt that he can do it. If there was ever a man that loved studying, academics and his books more than Matthew, I've not met him yet!
Having just spent three weeks visiting you chaps, I can vouch for Matthew's diligence and commitment.Your loving support, and all of the things that you do to help him achieve his goals, is an important factor not to be overlooked.
ReplyDelete